The DxDiag report is a way to give us more information about your system set-up, to help us troubleshoot.
Please find the directions that best match your OS!
- Click the Start button > Run
- Type "dxdiag" and press "OK"
- Once a new window appears, choose "Save all information" to save to a text file.
Windows Vista & 7
- On your Windows task bar, click the Start button (Windows icon usually in the lower left corner of the screen).
- Select and press "Run" (if you do not see "Run", hold down the "Windows" button on your keyboard and press "R"). A "Run" window should pop up.
- In the "Run" window, type "dxdiag" and click "OK". A "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" window should pop up.
- In the appeared window choose "Save all information" to save to a text file.
- From the Windows desktop, press the Windows key and the R key to open the Run window.
- In the "Open:" field of the Run window, type "dxdiag." Click OK or the Enter key to open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool (if prompted to check if your drivers are digitally signed, click Yes).
- In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click the "Save All Information" button.
- In the "Save As" window, the DirectX information will be saved as a text (.TXT) file. Designate where the file will be saved (such as the Desktop or other easily accessible location) and then click on the "Save" button.
Article is closed for comments.